Tuesday 1 September 2009

Something different - 15mm Seleucids!!

Another update chaps....you lucky people!!

This time its from my other big passion...15mm ancients! These chaps are Seleucid Argyraspides who the elite gaurds unit of the Seleucid kings.
The figures are from Chariot minatures who are very nice people and the shield decals are VVV. My only complaint about the figures (and its only slight) is the lenght of their spears as I would of thought they would have been longer like their pikemen couterparts! But still very nice figures and good starting block for my army.























I'm a big Seleucid fan as I did my dissertation on them at uni. As a result I want to get them as historicaly accurate as possible. I painted the tunics red and not purple because I had seen images of Alexanders Silver Shields in Red in the Ancient Warfare magazine and as the Argyraspides were based on this unit I thought it made sense.
My figure painting skills are taken from my father (who is a bloody good painter) and Minifigs, who do a bloody good guide on their website (and also on the Fanaticus site)
These figures (two bases) are for my FOG army but I will use them for DBA as well. Just need to get their Roman armed comrades and I shall be on my way.
Anyway I hope you enjoy them as much as I did painting them.
Tally Ho for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment